Update on my 86 aspy

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
DavidT
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 Aspencade

Update on my 86 aspy

Postby DavidT » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Well, it has been a long cold winter here in Mississippi, and a bit unusual at that. Anyway, I finally got back on the wing project. It is an 86 Aspy GL1200 that had been sitting for over 6 years. Got the front brake calipers re-built and new pads on, and the carbs pulled before the winter. While going through the carbs, I found they were beyond hope, and gave up for time and because of the cold. Got back on it a couple of weeks ago. Ordered a full carb set and they are CLEAN! Got them on, new fuel lines and filter, fresh oil with a little MMO, and got it to run. IT'S ALIVE! BWAHAHAHAHA! Excuse me. Got the rear caliper off now, and about to rebuild it. Going to let the stealer put tires on it soon. Now, if the white smoke clears up on its own, I'll be in pretty good shape.
Said all that to say this: Thanks to everyone here for sharing their collective knowledge. I would not be this far without all of you. I have learned so much here, and really have the great feeling of accomplishment from getting the beast resurrected myself. Looking forward to many more miles and more projects on her.
Ride safe,
DavidT

DavidT
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 Aspencade

Re: Update on my 86 aspy

Postby DavidT » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:59 pm

And another update:
She has new shoes, now, and all brakes are re-done and bled. Started last night re-installing the plastics and re-doing the old wiring for the accessory lights. That, and ordered some new LED accents. She's gonna be a pretty olg girl and on the road before too much longer!

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Re: Update on my 86 aspy

Postby maestro319 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Please be sure to post some pics when you're done. We'd love to see your "new" ride.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”