Radio--Cb-power Amp Wiring

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
pitchman1
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 Aspencade SEI

Radio--Cb-power Amp Wiring

Postby pitchman1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 pm

I have a 1986 aspencade Sei Radio quite putting out sound. It lighted up got a station but no sound from speakers. I took it all apart and repaired 10 plus frayed wires now that I'm trying to put it back together I'm not sure where all the din plugs plug into. I have been in the manual for hours but the color code is not even close so its no help. Does anyone know the diagraham of how the radio hooks to the intercome and amplifier and Cb.

tricky

Re: Radio--Cb-power Amp Wiring

Postby tricky » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:01 pm

There ya is.........
Attachments

pitchman1

Postby pitchman1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Thank you I got it all hooked back up and the radio lights up gets a station but no sound from speakers..... Checked the mute switch and it has continuety if its pushed or not so switch is bad but I don't know if that is stuck in the open no mute position or stuck on mute. Any ideas?

tricky

Postby tricky » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:53 pm

first off, is the headset/spkr button set to speakers.

do you get out put to headset?

even the button pushed to mute sound will get to speakers if they are selected.

pitchman1

Postby pitchman1 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:23 am

Yes its set to speaker....But I don't know about the headset I don't have one to check it. The history of the radio was it has worked then I removed the fairing to replace shock seals, I put the fairing back on and the radio did not produce sound to the speakers for about 2 weeks then I was on a ride and was on a fairly bumpy road then the radio came back on and worked for a couple of months just fine then I removed the fairing again to repair the air ride system when I put the fairing back on now radio lights up gets a station but no sound from speakers. I have checked all the wiring from radio to the components and all wiring checks out fine (after repairing 10 different wires) I'm just running out of things to check. I figured the mute button and the auto volume buttons were the next logical place to check. I'm just trying to find what the issue could be by my extremely limited understanding of wiring schematics. I have no idea of how to tell if the amp is operational or junction box or the auto volume. Any help is certainly appreciated I'm just sort of stuck now all I want to do is ride it was 82 degrees here in AZ today and I was stuck in the garage with a bike all tore apart.

tricky

Postby tricky » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:22 am

Maybe disconnect the CB wiring and put it back to stock, This will isolate the multichanger from the problem although it does feel like it is a wiring problem seeing that it was working fine before.

You can also isolate the auto volume by plugging the radio output directly into the amp.

The bumping on the road you mentioned gives me another tack, this is something I do every season.

Remove the radio, and look at the contacts, sometimes these open up and MAY lose contact although I have never had mine lose complete contact, (just enough to screw up the intercom) Take a small screwdriver and open the contacts on the back of the radio, make sure they are clean.
Attachments

pitchman1

Postby pitchman1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Hey sorry its been a while since I have gotten back to you. I isolated the auto volume and that was the problem I bypassed it and she is putting out sound again!!! I just wanted to make sure and let you know how much I appreciate you taking the time to help me figure out the problem. I do appreciate it and wish you the best.

Thanks again,

Neil

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”