Taps...

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
knightflyer
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate

Taps...

Postby knightflyer » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Taps, as in playing at a funeral. :cry:

After much soul-searching, I'm going to sell my 84 Goldwing as a project or parts bike. I simply can't afford to get it fixed, and don't have the time & place to do the work myself. Well, not and stay on good terms with my wife at least. :D We're (desperately) trying to sell our house, and I can't have a torn-up bike in the garage while the house is supposed to look "perfect".

It's currently posted as an Ebay classified in the Denver, CO area. Click Here for the listing, pictures should be up pretty soon. I'm also going to list the 13 watt LED's and 914 replacement LED's in the goldwingdocs 'for sale' area, if anyone is interested. These are the same bulbs that WingAdmin uses, and they are very nice. The 914's are not as bright as the original, but if you're like me and never ran with those on due to power issues, they're a lot better than running with the others off! :)

cheers,
Dave (knightflyer)
"While I may, I sail East in Dawn Treader." Reepicheep, Voyage of the Dawn Treader

thrasherg
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Re: Taps...

Postby thrasherg » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Sorry to hear that you have to sell the bike. Hopefully you can get another later on after the house has sold and things have settled down a bit..

Good luck

Gary

knightflyer
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate

Re: Taps...

Postby knightflyer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks Gary. That is sorta my plan at this point. I saw a sweet Aspencade that went for, I am not making this up, $750 on ebay. It had fairly high miles (93k I think), but had obviously been kept indoors and well taken care of. So, there are deals out there now and again. This bike was a pretty good deal when I got it, but time and the elements (it has to stay out in the weather) have taken their toll. Our (insert expletives here) HOA won't allow me to cover it either. Yah guys, a cycle with peeling paint and destroyed seats looks a LOT better than a nice motorcycle cover in the winter... Oy!

I've got a guy who's supposed to give me a call on it this afternoon, so hopefully that'll turn into something.
cheers,
Dave (knightflyer)
"While I may, I sail East in Dawn Treader." Reepicheep, Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”