Radio and Intercom

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
jimandtheboys
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Aspencade

Radio and Intercom

Postby jimandtheboys » Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 pm

I have purchased an 1984 Aspencade Goldwing. Previously I owned an 1800 that included a port for my headset/intercom. I want to use the same headset with the new bike but I cannot figure out how to connect to the radio. I opened the side compartment and found a connections for the speakers and a male connection. I was looking for female connection for my headset. I disconnected the speaker connection and tried to plug into that wire. That didn't work. I suspect that I may need a converter to change the male into a female. When I am done, I would like to have a connection for my headset and a connection for my wife's helmet, which I might think needs some sort of Y connector. Please help.

HALBUDD
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77

Re: Radio and Intercom

Postby HALBUDD » Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 pm

I also have an 84 aspy under the seat to the rear I have found the fitting for the intercom it should be the same on your bike. I due have the honda cb on it and I do have a small push button for rear passenger to be able to talk on the cb its located on side grab bar . See if you can find the plug under the rear set. Good Luck Hal
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”