Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:45 am
- Location: Dixon, Missouri
- Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate
I just purchased a 84 GL1200 and am trying to pre-set my favorite channels on the radio but cant figure it out....I would appreciate any help if anyone knows how to get this accomplished....thanks....
- Posts: 7774
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:39 pm
- Location: Denham Springs,La.
- Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I
I don't know if this will work,but try this.First tune to a station,then push and hold down the button you want it on.On my radio it takes about 3 or 4 seconds for it to lock that channel to the button.Scan or tune to the next station and hold down another button.It's worth a try.
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:08 pm
- Location: vero beach, florida
- Motorcycle: 1986 Aspencade
If it is like my 86 - you tune to your favorite station and push the button on the far right (maybe the next to last one) and use it to lock in your number 1 or 2 or whatever button of choice. Wish I was not so old and could remember these things better.
- Posts: 863
- Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:14 pm
- Location: New Albany In
- Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77
Look at the manuals on this site I have seen some radio user manuals they could be the same type of setup as your radio hope it helps. Hal
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!