stator ck

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
bobby t
Motorcycle: 1986 gl1200 sei

stator ck

Postby bobby t » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:21 pm

how can i ck my stator and reg

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: stator ck

Postby trike lady » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Please try the following tests.
Test the stator and the regulator.
Take the six yellow wires and solder them together ( In pairs) and double shrink wrap them individually.
Stator leads test: AC1 to AC2, AC1 to AC3, AC2 to AC3 and then the AC leads to ground. Use Ohms setting
Regulator Diode test: Both Forward and reverse bias. Change leads diodes should only feed one way set meter to 'Diode' setting
BCL to AC1, BCL to AC2, BCL to AC3. G to AC1, G to AC2, G to AC3.
Switch test meter leads and repeat above.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

tricky

Re: stator ck

Postby tricky » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:30 am

Prior to any tests on the electrical system ensure that the battery has been charged fully and has been load tested, any automotive shop should be able to do this.

to test the alternator:
On the left side of the battery you may find a plug with three yellow wires, If the plug has been removed and the wires soldered together, remove the the false tank and locate the regulator plug, disconnect and do the following tests on the three yellow wires. If all the wires have been soldered then you will need to cut the wires in order to do the following tests

Check for continuity between each of the three yellow wires, and between the three yellow wires and ground.

Replace the stator if there is no continuity between the leads, or if there is continuity between the leads and ground.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”