CB off/on knob ( GL1200)

Information and questions on GL1200 Goldwings (1984-1987)
  • Sponsored Links
SilverDave
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 GoldWing Aspy

CB off/on knob ( GL1200)

Postby SilverDave » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:13 pm

The CB off/on knob seems to have dis-connected itself from the channel switch, inside .
The symptom is that on turning it on, it comes up as CH 00
If you turn the switch off very slowly, for just a second, the correct channel flashes...

and possibly better news...if you roll it up or down, and count... it goes to the expected " newer " channel.. so the machine is almost working... pushing the send switch activates the transmit symbol , too

Aside from bundling it up, and off to Sierra (MC ) Electronics, has anyone ever had this symptom ?
and is it fixable
a) by me ??
b) by Sierra ???

riding in (CB) silence

SilverDave

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: CB off/on knob ( GL1200)

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:39 pm

SilverDave wrote:The CB off/on knob seems to have dis-connected itself from the channel switch, inside .
The symptom is that on turning it on, it comes up as CH 00
If you turn the switch off very slowly, for just a second, the correct channel flashes...

and possibly better news...if you roll it up or down, and count... it goes to the expected " newer " channel.. so the machine is almost working... pushing the send switch activates the transmit symbol , too

Aside from bundling it up, and off to Sierra (MC ) Electronics, has anyone ever had this symptom ?
and is it fixable
a) by me ??
b) by Sierra ???

riding in (CB) silence

SilverDave

My CB decided that channel 0 was a valid channel last year, and would only go up, not down - usually. Off to Sierra with it, and $100 later it was good as new.

Return to “GL1200 Information & Questions”