GL 1500 Project nearing completion.

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
airpane
Motorcycle: 2006 Gl 1800
1992 Gl 1500A
1986 GL 1200 SEi

GL 1500 Project nearing completion.

Postby airpane » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:52 am

So far I have cleaned the carbs, changed all the brake fuid, changed the tires, changed the final drive fluid, checked the antifreez, checked all the brake pads, greased the axels, checked the bearings in the wheels and swing arm, replaced th left knee faring, changed the winshield garnish, changed the front speakers, changed the lcd screen in the guage cluster, changed the seat cover, repaired the saddlebag lights, polished off three years worth of rust on everything. Painted the new side covers and left knee faring cover, added marker light chrome trim, replaced a bent left engine guard. Turned the cornering lights into driving lights with the led bulbs, as per this sites DIY segement. And I have driven the bike 250 miles in the process. You have got to test ride after all. Was suppossed to ride it in the Mardis Gras parade today but it is going to rain straight down all day in Louisiana. Here are some pics of the Old 88 as I call her. She has 85,900 miles and is running smooth. i"ve still got to fine some one to freshen up the pin stripes and repaint the ones I had to replace or paint parts on. Shes still got a lot of miles left in her. Shes got some nice Kurykan wing bling on ther back side. Full set of trunk and saddlebag diamond lights and guard rails. I should have her finished up by March.

Oh, thank you to all the peeps on this site for the parts I got and the great advice. Trikelady, the chrome mirrors were so nice I decided to save them for my next project, I'll be doing a 1993 Barbados Blue SE with only 12000 miles on it.

Thanks

James "Airplane" Harlan
Attachments

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: GL 1500 Project nearing completion.

Postby trike lady » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:58 pm

It's a very nice looking bike.
Nothing like starting a Goldwing Collection, 1988 first year for the 1500.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”