Brake light signal module

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
gemcelroy
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing GL1500 Aspencade

Brake light signal module

Postby gemcelroy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:14 pm

I recently purchased a "Back Off" brake light signal module and would like some info on exactly where in the wiring system this module should be spliced in at. I do not have a wiring diagram for this 1993 Goldwing Aspencade. I'm pretty sure that it should go under the seat but am not sure which wire is the brake light wire. I don't want to splice it in at the wrong place and have more lights flashing than is necessary. Any help would be appreciated.

WhiteBird00
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE

Re: Brake light signal module

Postby WhiteBird00 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Which lights would you like to have flashing?

If you want all of the brake lights to flash, use the green with red stripe wire in the yellow 22-pin connector under the seat on the left side (just behind the frame cross bar).

If you want only trunk or lower brake lights to flash then you'll have to connect under the trunk or down by the lower lights. In this case it will be the green with yellow stripe wire. If you want to go to the trouble of removing the trunk, you can get to the lower light connections there (there is a row of connectors just under the leading edge of the bottom of the trunk).

gemcelroy
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing GL1500 Aspencade

Re: Brake light signal module

Postby gemcelroy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 pm

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”