Rear Shocks

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Rear Shocks

Postby bustedwing » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Hears one for the expierenced guys. I have a 1990 Gold Wing , trike kit not sure, believe a Lehman. Last owner had work done at local dealer but dealer moved to new building and did not keep records. Was riding trike today and bottom of left rear shock broke from base of shock. Trike hase been bottoming out with only driver on board, with pass on board hard to not bottom out. Shocks were changed to progressive gas by last owner. I want to utilize onboard compressor and convert to air shocks. Any thoughts?

Proud member Patriot Guard

Dogsled
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing

Re: Rear Shocks

Postby Dogsled » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Maybe contact Lehman and explain what shock you had and what happened, they could tell you if the dealer had the right shock on there in the first place. If they did use the correct kit shocks, Lehman may give you a better upgrade solution or have another solution. Just cause a dealer put it on (I'm assuming you mean a Honda dealer) doesn't mean it was done right. That shock setup doesn't sound like it was up to par for the load being put on it. Now if you want to talk onboard compressors....I wrote the book on **** NOT to do.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on the ice"

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Re: Rear Shocks

Postby bustedwing » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Just got them both off and took a good look, both bottom brackets were broken at one time and re- wielded, but crooked. So the shocks were binding, and also if I fix the mounts I will be able to use Monroe air shocks in place of these way undersize gas shocks. Looks like I have some torch and wieldig work to do to fix it right, but if I don't even new shocks won't last. So here we go again. Thanx for the opinion..
Proud member Patriot Guard

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”