Re: Idle adustment Screw Picture

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
TennX
Motorcycle: 97 GL 1500 Aspencade
06 VTX 1300R

Postby TennX » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Can any body direct me to a fiche so I can see what Im looking for, so far I got plenty on carbs but no pic of idle adjustment screw/cable I need to order one.......thanks

Phil.......

zamboni920
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500 SE with Hannigan 2+2 sidecar

Postby zamboni920 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:23 pm

It is usually easier to let the entire tube (the black tube/hose the cable goes through) turn, rather than trying to get the cable to turn inside the tube. If you are planning on a new one, you might want to try turning it with some (reasonable) force.
Try tapping on the end of it (the knob) with a small hammer, or other suitable tool. It might break loose any corrosion at the thread end of cable. Also a little "push/pull" might help loosen it. Mine turns fairly easy, but only if I let the tube turn with it.....same on a set of extra carbs I have.

TennX
Motorcycle: 97 GL 1500 Aspencade
06 VTX 1300R

Postby TennX » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:42 pm

zamboni920 wrote:It is usually easier to let the entire tube (the black tube/hose the cable goes through) turn, rather than trying to get the cable to turn inside the tube. If you are planning on a new one, you might want to try turning it with some (reasonable) force.
Try tapping on the end of it (the knob) with a small hammer, or other suitable tool. It might break loose any corrosion at the thread end of cable. Also a little "push/pull" might help loosen it. Mine turns fairly easy, but only if I let the tube turn with it.....same on a set of extra carbs I have.

If you read my other post you would see that I dont have the typical set up, some one just took my knob and stuck it in a piece of rubber hose, you can pull the knob out...thanks for the reply but it still doesnt get me what I need to know...
Phil.......

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”