Bars hitting windshield

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
TennX
Motorcycle: 97 GL 1500 Aspencade
06 VTX 1300R

Bars hitting windshield

Postby TennX » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 am

Was doing a tight turn and noticed the reservoirs hitting the windshield on both sides, its one of those big long swept back jobs (dont know the name), is it as simple as rotating the rotating the perches....thanks

Phil.......

robb
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Re: Bars hitting windshield

Postby robb » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:46 am

I have the tall Tulsa shield and when dealer installed it they used washers behind shield to keep from hitting. Shield had to be removed to replace headlamp bulbs and I removed the washers so front trim would fit proper. It appears that when in lower position there is no hitting, but it rides much better in the highest position. Really only hits when trying to lock the ignition or turn hard moving bike around but never hits while riding.

TennX
Motorcycle: 97 GL 1500 Aspencade
06 VTX 1300R

Postby TennX » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:02 pm

robb wrote:I have the tall Tulsa shield and when dealer installed it they used washers behind shield to keep from hitting. Shield had to be removed to replace headlamp bulbs and I removed the washers so front trim would fit proper. It appears that when in lower position there is no hitting, but it rides much better in the highest position. Really only hits when trying to lock the ignition or turn hard moving bike around but never hits while riding.

You know I hadnt even thought about raising the shield, its down so far that they actually notched the mirror trim..Ive been considering a shorter shield with the vent....many thanks...
Phil.......

robb
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Postby robb » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:53 pm

If the shield was notched to lower any more than designed for it will hit fairing and begin to pitch shield inward where it will hit at little more than half turn.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”