how to change bulbs in the dash

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1995GL1500SE

how to change bulbs in the dash

Postby coin_collector55 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm

trying to change the bulbs in the dash and dont know howto start to do it....Hope to hear from someone on how to do it.....tks

Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 ASPENCADE

Re: how to change bulbs in the dash

Postby AMSOILER » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:53 am

let me begin by saying although changing the bulbs in the instrument panel would seem pretty easy, I can say from experience it is not. It is Very Labor Intensive and will take you several hours to complete. I just done this on my 95 Aspencade so I am speaking from Experience. First thing you are going to need is a copy of a Service Manual....I am not sure whether or not one s available on this site but if not you can contact me and I will send you one via e-mail or whatever way I can. Here is my e-mail address (Remove the asterisks as I put them here to prevent possible bots from spamming me) s.bry*son@bry*sonoil.*com Make e-mail contact so if you have problems you can contact me directly. You can do it but be sure you are willing to be patient, like I said before, it is not so hard just Laborous. I purchased replacement bulbs from my local auto supply inexpensively, if you get them from a Honda Dealer you would think they had Gold in them but the bulbs are numbered and no need to pay a Premium for them, they are Nothing Special. Good Luck!

Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: how to change bulbs in the dash

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:32 am

I don't know if any of these LED bulbs would fit, but if not, I'd be very tempted to buy some component LEDs and solder them in place with resistors to make them work at 12 volts - simply to be sure that I never had to replace them ever again!

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”