Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 11:18 pm
- Location: Prince George B.C.
- Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 Interstate
I was going to change the front fork oil in my bike and I noticed the right fork tube is about 1/4" below the top of the triple tree than the left. Are the tubes the same length was this a oversight by the last person to put the tubes in? I noticed some handling issues hence the oil change which was really dirty. Just to double check with you guys I use ATF in the forks?
- Posts: 7741
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:39 pm
- Location: Denham Springs,La.
- Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I
Tubes are the same length.Be aware that the right fork has a piece in it that the left does not,thus the difference in oil ammount used in each fork.When all is done,they measure from the top the same.