downloads

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
regwal
Motorcycle: 1998 GW1500 se

downloads

Postby regwal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:12 pm

I have been trying to download a manual and can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. First I downloaded a reader program but cannot find how to get the manual downloaded. I'm using windows 7. :x

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: downloads

Postby themainviking » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 am

If it is available, right clicking and choosing "save as" should do it. Not all the listings are available, however. Any Honda service manuals and owners manuals have had to be removed for download at Honda's request. What manual are you looking for?

If it is a service or owners for a 1500 you can find a close year match here:

http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/Downloads.htm
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

regwal

Postby regwal » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:41 am

Thanks for responding. Primarily looking for troubleshooting for cruise control. My Honda shop has not been able to solve my problem. They just replaced with a known good switch I had while replacing some vacuum lines for me. The "engaged" light doesn't come on and nothing works. I have done all the easy stuff myself to no avail. I have asked Honda shop to checkout the removed switch but did not get a good feeling the guy knew what to do, neither do I. That is why I would like steps I can follow so this can be resolved. :cry:

My rear air shock is also flat. This just happened. My shop manual is pretty straight forward on this so will attempt repair myself. I hope it is a bad air line but I'm usually not that lucky. It is a progressive unit, about 20,000 miles so should not be worn out this soon.

regwal

Postby regwal » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 pm

I found the air line to the shock out of fitting. The saddlebag has to come off, or the entire back in order to repair hose. Will rain later in week so will do it then.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm

regwal wrote:I found the air line to the shock out of fitting. The saddlebag has to come off, or the entire back in order to repair hose. Will rain later in week so will do it then.

You'll need both the service manual and the ETM (electronic troubleshooting manual) for the cruise control. The troubleshooting steps are not obvious without a manual.

The saddlebag isn't that tough to remove, once you've done it once, it's much easier to do later.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”