Left hand speakers not working

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Left hand speakers not working

Postby Big Blue UK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi all
Have noticed my front and rear left speakers are not working, and the passenger fader seems to do nothing.
The weekend I will swap speakers over but I doubt if both have gone on the same side.
If it is not the speakers, then for a easy fix could I connect the right speaker to the left speaker, if so would it have to be in series or in parallel.

If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

RBGERSON
Motorcycle: 98 SE GL 1500
had every year from 75 to 83

Re: Left hand speakers not working

Postby RBGERSON » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:29 am

Most likely a bad connection at the radio back and speakers ground. You can just tie in the speakers to the other set by tapping into the right side wires..anyplace both lines so you have ground and sound covered. But I'd look for the break in the left side line...or ground.
HAD LOTS OF GOLDWING 75-83
NOW INTO 1500'S..RIDING A 1998 SE

FAIR WINDS,
RB

Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Re: Left hand speakers not working

Postby Big Blue UK » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 pm

RBGERSON wrote:Most likely a bad connection at the radio back and speakers ground. You can just tie in the speakers to the other set by tapping into the right side wires..anyplace both lines so you have ground and sound covered. But I'd look for the break in the left side line...or ground.

Thanks for the advice, as soon as I lifted the radio the front speaker came to life, replaced it and still ok so I will settle for that. I think the rear speaker has had it, hopefully a swap over and it will work, so with luck will just need a rear speaker, or I might upgrade them while they are both off, radio has not been used for a while.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”