Markland drivers backrest

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
liquineer
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 Panther Trike

Markland drivers backrest

Postby liquineer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:23 am

Hi, does anyone have the GL1500 Markland Drivers backrest fitted to their wing?

I got one second hand in the UK from a fellow Goldwinger and it went together easily- (I also concluded that one must have had one fitted to my wing by the previous owner as the bolts were the correct length and it had the spacers already on the bike- and then removed before sale)

I just have one question, should the mounting bar clear the seat i.e. sit slightly above it, as I have just fitted it, all the bolt holes lined up OK, but it sits slightly lower than the back of the drivers lower support on the seat. This means it sits slightly forward when in place. I have not sat on the seat to see if it feels OK- I was beginning to freeze in the cold by the time I had fitted it and came inside to warm up and send this query. My 1500 is the year 1988.

Are we having fun yet?

liquineer
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 Panther Trike

Re: Markland drivers backrest

Postby liquineer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 am

Figured it out- downloaded the front page of fitting instructions that SKS had put on another site- and it does just clear the seat, with a bit of fettling, and slides further back. Tried it for comfort today- feels good, so roll on the good weather.
Are we having fun yet?

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”