ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
stacylaycock
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500SE

ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

Postby stacylaycock » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:26 am

I HAVE A 1994 GOLDWING GL1500 SE. FIRST AFTER I LOCKED MY STEERING COLUMIN MY RUNNING LIGHTS WOULD NOT GO OUT EVEN AFTER I PULLED THE KEY OUT OF IGINITION. WHEN I UNLOCKED MY COLUMIN MY LIGHTS WENT OFF. A FEW DAYS LATER THEN WHEN THE KEY WAS OUT MY NEUTRAL LIGHT, SIDE STAND LIGHT STAYED ON, ALSO THEN MY REVERSE DID NOT WORK, BUT HAD RUNNING LIGHTS AGAIN. I REPLACED MY IGINITION SWITCH AND NOW I LOST MY GAS GAUGE, SPEEDOMETER, REVERSE AND RUNNING LIGHTS. THAT KINDA TOLD ME THAT IT WAS NOT MY IGINITION SWITCH CAUSE THEN I RE-INSTALLED MY OLD SWITCH AND THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. ALSO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE GAUGE CLUSTER I GOING OUT. WOULD THE GAUGE CLUSTER GOING OUT BE CAUSING ME THESE PROBLEMS? ITS LIKE EVERYTIME I EVEN RESET FROM DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY AND HOOKING IT BACK UP THINGS ARE WORKING AND THEN OTHER THINGS ON THE BIKE STOP WORKING. I WOULD APPRECIATE IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCED WHAT I AM EXPERIENCING TO PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU STACY

Sempai
Motorcycle: '94 GL1500SE

Re: ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

Postby Sempai » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 pm

When you had your forks locked, I suspect you had the switch in "Park" and not "Lock." In the park position, the running lights will be on and the stereo will be operational. The ig switch was probably not the problem, though I'm sorry to say it sounds like you've got a boatload of troubleshooting ahead of you.
Keep the rubber side down.

Larrs2
Motorcycle: GL 1200
GL 1500
VLX 600

Re: ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

Postby Larrs2 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 am

I would ck your grounds. They tend to give you several gremlins that will move around.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”