Cruise Control / On/Off Switch Engages at Certain Speed ?

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Our Freedom
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 Goldwing
1993 GL1500AP Goldwing
Aspencade

Cruise Control / On/Off Switch Engages at Certain Speed ?

Postby Our Freedom » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:10 pm

I have a 93 Aspencade. With the Cruise Button pushed in, My Cruise Control light will not turn on until I reach a certain speed. Is that normal? Should the Cruise Light just come on when it's pushed in? If I leave
the cruise engaged all time, it never goes off. Has this happened to others. I spray all my buttons with that Electro Connection Spray once a year. All my Buttons work fine. Just looking for an answer to my Cruise Question. Thank you for your time. Bill :oops:

SgtCharlie
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 Goldwing Aspencade in "Plum Crazy" Purple

Re: Cruise Control / On/Off Switch Engages at Certain Speed

Postby SgtCharlie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Bill,
I'm aware of what your saying and yes, this is normal. If I leave my CC button in all the time, then the CC "On" light will be lit as soon as I start the motor and never go off. If I turn it off, then the CC "On" light won't come on until the CC control module senses that your bike is in the right gear (4th or 5th) and at a sufficient RPM.

Now, I just never turn my CC off, that way whenever I want to use it, it's just one "click" away.

Also, to set it at approx. 28 MPH (in 4th Gear) and up to over 90+ MPH (in 5th Gear), use the CC fix that I found at http://gl1800a.osborn-us.com/wingcruisecontrol.html

Check it out, if you want to be able to set your CC at almost any speed, in either 4th or 5th gear.

I hope this helps.
Sgt Charlie
86th Signal Battalion
Fort Bliss, TX

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”