cruise control

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
ARITHIAN

cruise control

Postby ARITHIAN » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:55 am

IS THERE A CRUISE CONTROL ON TH3 GL1500 SE? IF SO, PLEASE ADVISE HOW YOU SET IT

(PS: FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE BY I JUST BOUGHT IT AND THERE IS NO OWNERS USER MANUAL.)
REGARDS
ARIS

ARITHIAN

cruise control

Postby ARITHIAN » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:39 am

OK GUYS I AGREE, SILLY QUESTION NOT TO SAY EVEN STUPID. ANY CASE TOOK MY FIRST TRIP WITH THE GOLDWING AND MUST SAY I AM MOST IMPRESSED. VERY COMFORTABLE RIDE AND VERY EXCITING (WAS AMAZED HOW EVERYONE LOOKS AT ME HE HE ).

SHE DOES HAVE CRUISE CONTROL BUT DID NOT TRY TO PUT IT ON (DID NOT WANT TO PLAY AS YET), BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW YOU SWITCH IT ON??. HOW IT IS CONTROLLED?

APPRECIATE ANY NEWS GUYS (GIRLS).

CHEERS
ARIS

jettdirect
Motorcycle: 1988 Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Re: cruise control

Postby jettdirect » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Cruise Control Switch
WARNING The Cruise Control automates the function of the throttle to maintain your motorcycle at a constant speed. This can be a convenience on long trips, but it can also be a danger if there are any other vehicles on the road or if the road is un-familiar. Pay strict attention to the responsibility of riding whenever using the Cruise Control.

The Cruise Control system allows you to set and automatically maintain any speed between 48 and 130 km/h (30 and 80mph) in 4th and OD. As its name implies, it is meant for cruising on straight, uncongested highways or freeways. It is not recommended to be used in traffic, on winding roads or in bad weather conditions where the rider should have total control of the throttle.

To Set the Cruise Control: Push the CRUISE CONTROL master switch: the indicator light will come on. Accelerate to the desired speed, then push the SET switch. The Cruise Control set light on the instrument panel will come on. The speed you were going when you released the SET switch is the speed the Cruise Control will hold. You can then "fine tune" the set speed by briefly pushing and releasing the SET/DECEL switch to decrease it or pushing and releasing the RESUME/ACCEL switch to slightly increase it.

NOTE: • A quick "tap" on either the SET/DECEL or RESUME/ACCEL SWITCH may change your speed by only approximately 1.6 km/h. (1 mph).

To Cancel the Cruise Control: Simply push the CRUISE CONTROL master switch until the indicator light goes off (this also erases the memory of the set speed). If you must temporarily disengage the system (but retain the memory of the set speed); pull the front brake lever or clutch lever or step on the brake pedal slightly, or close the throttle. If you are still going above 48 km/h (30 mph), you can return to the set speed by simply pushing the RESUME switch. If the motorcycle has decelerated below about 48 km/h (30mph), you can return to the set speed by using the throttle conventionally until you are above 48 km/h (30 mph) and then pushing the RESUME switch.

To Change the Set Speed: For a faster speed with a gradual acceleration: Push and hold the RESUME/ACCEL SWITCH until you reach the desired speed; release the switch and the system's memory will be reprogrammed to the new speed. For faster acceleration: Operate the throttle grip until you reach the desired speed, then push and release the SET/DECL switch to reprogram the system.

NOTE: • Any speed above 130 km/h (80 mph) will be memorized as 130 km/h (80 mph).

To change to a slower speed:Push and hold the SET/DECEL switch and the motorcycle will slow down; when you reach the desired slower speed, release the switch and the system will be reprogrammed. For temporary acceleration above the set speed, such as for passing, use the throttle conventionally. When you want to return to the set speed, close the throttle and coast without applying the brakes.

NOTE: • With the Cruise Control on, your speed will still vary slightly, particularly going up or down hills.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”