HELP!!!!! LIFTIGN REAR BHAGS TOGETHER

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
RBGERSON
Motorcycle: 98 SE GL 1500
had every year from 75 to 83

HELP!!!!! LIFTIGN REAR BHAGS TOGETHER

Postby RBGERSON » Sat May 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Well I went back to the bike and looked some more..I did find the two bolts inside the plugs on each side..had to stick my finger in further and feel around and I found the bolt head..got them out..I think it will tough to get them back in but that's for later..the bags are now half way up...but stuck and I don't want to force them for fear of breaking something..but I am closer...to getting at the caliper...

you can ignore the rest of this for now...
OK i STARTED THE PROJECT to REPLACE MY REAR BRAKE PADS..I have removed the seat, loosened the two blots that the whole thing is supposed to rotate on, I have removed the two bolts one on each side that whole the mufflers to the bag frame, I have removed the two small bolts in the bags..BUT in the video there are two bolts under the bags toward the front between the bag crash guards' "U"..NOT ON MY BIKE??? and in another set of directions for this procedure that says that in each bag there is a plug and inside it are bolts that need to be removed..noting in the right bag it's the plug that the air hose comes through on SE's..well the left side bag there is a big plug but inside is the rear brake bleeder and on the right side the air hose is there but no bolt that I can see inside.

I AM STUMPED!!! HELP!!! bikes in pieces in my driveway.

HAD LOTS OF GOLDWING 75-83
NOW INTO 1500'S..RIDING A 1998 SE

FAIR WINDS,
RB

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: HELP!!!!! LIFTIGN REAR BHAGS TOGETHER

Postby WingAdmin » Wed May 29, 2013 4:19 pm

There are four bolts holding each bag to the frame - two on the bottom and two on the inside.

That said, to do what you're trying to do - replace the pads, you don't have to do ANY of that. Just remove the left saddlebag (four bolts) and you'll have full access to the pads.

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Re: HELP!!!!! LIFTIGN REAR BHAGS TOGETHER

Postby cbx4evr » Wed May 29, 2013 9:27 pm

When I read the title I didn't know what to expect.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”