Lower water hose

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
bernasj
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500 Aspencade

Lower water hose

Postby bernasj » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:18 am

I am so far unsuccessful in finding any cross reference number for the GL 1500 lower water hose with a gates or equivalent. The money saved when purchasing the timing belts was addictive. Any body out there with counsel? Thanks and stay safe. Also, after replacing the timing belts and lots of other maintenance, I swear my engine sounds different. I believe the timing marks are better than original, and if anything the performance has increased. As has always been the case with this machine, you can't get off the starter button quick enough. The mileage has definitely increased. I have never before since buying this bike in 04' experienced over 48 mpg. around town. There seems to be more of a rumble sound. Perhaps as I age, presbycusis is altering my ability to distinguish different frequencies.

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Re: Lower water hose

Postby dingdong » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 am

Due to the configuration of that hose "Y" I doubt there is a cross reference part. Relating to the mpg increase, if you figure out what you did please let let us in on it. 48 around town? :o I want some of that. ;)
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

bernasj
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500 Aspencade

Re: Lower water hose

Postby bernasj » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:23 am

Thanks dingdong. I guess I have to bite the bullet on this one. Good prices are out there but as is usually the case not that much of a deal after shipping. Concerning mileage, I pretty closely monitor the mileage as this is how I determine when to start thinking about an air filter. This 96 has always turned in 46 to 47 but I watched it crawl up to 47.47 two tanks ago and 48.12 on the last. Maybe it's my driving style, faulty arithmetic. Stay safe.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”