Lens shape on indicators and side lights.

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
liquineer
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 Panther Trike

Lens shape on indicators and side lights.

Postby liquineer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:51 am

ShinyWings in Ireland had a sale so I bought a number of chrome bits. I wanted to put chrome accents around the indicators and the side light directly in front of them. At the time they arrived my solo was being triked. When I got it back I was about to start installing the chrome when I noticed that the shape of the chrome parts and the shape of the lenses on my 1500 were not the same.I had not removed them from the packaging, just compared them visually. Mine is a 1988 california model imported in to the UK in 1998. The chrome parts are all labelled suitable for GL1500's from 1988 to 2000. Was there a change in lens shape at some time after 1988 at all?
The windshield garnish is smaller on the my '88 with a grill underneath it , and I know the newer models had a larger section without the grill underneath, but with two openings instead. If the chrome accents are not suitable for the lenses I have, then I may be re-selling them. I look forward to any feedback on this.

Are we having fun yet?

liquineer
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 Panther Trike

Re: Lens shape on indicators and side lights.

Postby liquineer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:13 am

Added a picture of my new trike now, so that you can see what the lenses look like as well. Still would appreciate some feedback.
Are we having fun yet?

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”