1992 goldwing gl1500

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1998 electra glide

1992 goldwing gl1500

Postby jimmy72 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi all new guy here. My question is has anyone ever made the stereo sound better on these bikes? I have been messing with it for a bit now with no real results. It had a button or knob that you turn but someone before me broke it and has the wires taped together. I was able to move them around until it does sound ok but should have more I think. Any advice would be great.

Motorcycle: '94 GL1500SE

Re: 1992 goldwing gl1500

Postby Sempai » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:13 pm

At one point in time, doing unrelated service to the bike, I discovered that one of the electrical connectors on the back of the stereo unit itself was a tad loose. The connector itself was holding just fine, but the actual wires' terminals themselves had lost their tightness. Using a simple, flathead, jeweler's screwdriver, I tweaked the female terminals so that they'd have a tighter grip on the male terminals...and to cover all my bases, I tweaked ALL the female terminals in BOTH connectors (there are two bundled-wire connectors on the back side of the stereo unit. After doing this, the radio came on louder and clearer than it had ever been since I'd owned it! YAY!
Keep the rubber side down.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”