Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500
1994 Suzuki 800 Intruder

Postby Maddogg » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Wow, this site is fantastic. Everytime I come in here and look at the threads I find something else I don't know about. Sub and Cruise filters. Had no idea. Will order from cyclemax. I did my air filter last week, and never even knew about those filters. Does anyone have a made up list of what they do as far as a maintenance every year. Things to replace on a yearly basis and what to check. I am still learning about the Wings and I want to keep mine running as perfect as I can. Knowing what to service before it breaks is some really handy information.

Motorcycle: new to me 1800 wing

Re: Maintenance

Postby m2102 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:15 pm

From looks of your avatar you got a nice place to work in. Take some Tupperware off and just look around. When last time air filter cleaned, changed. Antifreeze, when last flushed. Differential oil, should check about every third oil change.grease drive shaft. Not fun but needs to be done maybe on e a year. Are all the lights working, any need replaced. If parking for the winter, I ride till below 20* as long as no white stuff on the roads! wax her up real good and maybe put some leather cleaner on the seat and anything else that is leather. Once you get some plastic off you will find all kind of things to clean and look over. Owners manual and shop book are very handy.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”