What denotes the succesfulness of any association.

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
peppilepew
Motorcycle: 2000 Gl1500 Se
2012 GL1800 Level 3

What denotes the succesfulness of any association.

Postby peppilepew » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:46 am

My business unlike many other business has two major associations, ATRA and ATSG. The reason associations are successful is the information needs to be bidirectional. What is meant by bidirectional is that once a possible solution to a given problem has been given the results are returned to the database for determining the effectiveness of the associations remedy. My point being that it would be nice to see the OP complete their thread with a finality. This and many other forums will only benefit.

Just my 2 cents.

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Re: What denotes the succesfulness of any association.

Postby cbx4evr » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:11 am

I agree. It's always good to hear how things turn out. Problem is a lot of first time posters come here looking for an answer, get it and then don't return until there is another problem.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:39 am

The question then becomes, "How do you encourage first timers?"

If you look through the list of members, and see how many have never posted to this site, I am surprised that the weight of these non-contributing members doesnt cause an overload. I do not know if these non-contributing members are just soaking up the ambience of the site, and do not feel a need to contribute.

But, it would be more inclusive if everyone just introduced themselves, when they first posted, and saw how easy it is to become a contributor and not just a looker.

The site is a happy place, and no problem seems to go unanswered, and that to me denotes a successfulness of this association!
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

ct1500
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Postby ct1500 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:38 am

I think a good many come to any open Forum as window shoppers and have no intention of ever doing the actual work needed and farm it out in the end.
This is what I do
Local and need repair help with your 1500, Valkyrie or ST please PM

Maddogg
Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500
1994 Suzuki 800 Intruder

Postby Maddogg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:46 am

Not me ct1500. I love working on my bike. I am a newcomer to this site and only have been here for a couple of months, but I think part of the problem with this is when someone uses a DIY or ideas from other members, they don't necessarily post it as a new topic. Whenever I complete a task where I have used info from members, i always go back to the last thread where I was asking for help and let them know what I did to remedy the problem or try to show my results. Just my $.02.

celford30
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500A Aspencade

Postby celford30 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Well here I go, with my first two cent I believe what everyone has stated is correct I have been ear hustling this site since I ran accross it. I have even turned other cyclist on to its location. However as a newcomer to the wing world I feel I have Nothing to offer. Some of the problems and information that the members solve and provide is unbelievable. So don't worry about membership not growing, word of mouth is powerful and I tell everyone I meet that rides. As winter settles in upon us this year I will be actually trying some of the DIYs. Like one of the individual that posted before me I'll let everyone know how well the project ends. So members keep on solving those problems and creating those videos because there are many like me that right now just don't have anything to offer. 8-)

celford30
1991/1500A

Dogsled
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing

Postby Dogsled » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Cellford, I don't think he was talking about contributing, as much as a resolution to a question post. If you say my bike won't start and I did this and this and this......then 10 people give different suggestions......all 10 are waiting to see what the problem was not IF THEY WERE RIGHT!......or helpful.
This by far is the most responsive GW sight of people saying what the problem was and it was fixed......not to many egos posting here......

Trust me if you keep your Wing and stay on this sight you'll have mucho repair experience in a few years to advise 90% of the posters......Buy tools, you WILL need them.
"Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on the ice"

Ol' Man
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500A/MotorTrike Conversion

Postby Ol' Man » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:00 am

Dogsled wrote:Trust me if you keep your Wing and stay on this sight you'll have mucho repair experience in a few years to advise 90% of the posters......Buy tools, you WILL need them.

Now that's an encouraging statement.I am a first time GL1500/Motor Trike owner. Just had it a month and came here for general maintenance info. I have several thumbs on both hands so repairs will be mildly difficult. :lol:

Today is the oldest you've ever been,
yet the youngest you'll ever be,
so enjoy this day while it lasts.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”