problem with air ride suspension

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
michael.mcleroy
Motorcycle: 1988 honda 1500 gl goldwing

problem with air ride suspension

Postby michael.mcleroy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:30 pm

I had a problem with my air ride suspension,wasnt able to decrease the air that was in the shock.THis being my first time removing the top and the right side bag to get to the solenoids for the suspension was a small chore but everything came off ok.once i got the solenoids off in my hand i check by pushing the buttons and it somehow started working,so i put the solenoids back in place and tried it again,nothing happen,so to make a long story short before you go through removing the bags like i did,check the wiring connectors that are mounted on the fender well,there was one loose and when i had the solenoid out i would put enough pressure on the wires to make contact,but when i reinstalled it,i lost the power again because of the connector not being seated and locked.it took me a while to figure out what was going on and i thought that i would post this to save some poor old soul some time,i do hope it helps someone,after about 5 hrs of checking it now works fine.yay me huh?

michael.mcleroy
Motorcycle: 1988 honda 1500 gl goldwing

Re: problem with air ride suspension

Postby michael.mcleroy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:04 pm

Just to try to help as many people as possible that have the same problem or similair problem.... At first i was looking at maybe the switches on the fairing,they seem they would be alot harder to get to,so if you are having any problem with the switches not working like they should,the very first and easiest thing to do is take off your seat and your trunk to get to the line of connectors that are bolted on top of the fender well and check each and every one that they are tight and together.the connectors have a lock mechanism on them make sure they all are together and locked,this could be what is wrong with yours as it was mine. I bought this bike back in July of this year and i have a couple of small bugs to get out,that was the second bug,the first was the carbs but thats another story.if this post helps anyone please give me a shout,now to put all the bike back together again,wish me luck LOL

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”