Progressive Suspension on 92 GL1500

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500A Aspencade

Progressive Suspension on 92 GL1500

Postby gwallace » Mon May 10, 2010 5:59 pm

I have a 92 GL1500 Aspencade with Progressive Suspension Shocks on the rear. I have any air leak somewhere but don't have a manual. Can anyone direct me to where I could find a schematic for the system? Thanks
Motorcycle: 88 GL1500

Re: Progressive Suspension on 92 GL1500

Postby » Thu May 20, 2010 12:34 pm

The most common places for air to leak are at the hose at the top of the rear shock and the shock seal. Check to see if you have any fluid dripping out at the bottom of the shock boot. You might have to replace the shock seal or have it replaced if it's leaking. If you do it make sure to check out the condition of the shock shaft (where the seal rides) to make sure it's not rusted or corroded. Check the shock boot to see if it's cracked. You can get a new boot from Honda just look on the fisch under the 1988 model. Newer models don't list the boot seperately and it makes you think you have to buy a complete shock just to get the boot. All the boots are the same for all years so that won't be a problem.

It's possible that there's a leak at the compressor in the right side of the fairing but that's not too common. Fix up a spray bottle with VERY soapy water, pressurize the system and spray around all the hose connections you can find. Look for bubbles... that'll be the leak.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”