Lower narrow corner fairing trim

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
beanner66
Motorcycle: 1988 GL 1500

Lower narrow corner fairing trim

Postby beanner66 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi!
Been looking for this item for quite a while 52-570 - Narrow Lower Corner Fairing Trim. Pair.

By Show Chrome Accessories. The Corner Exit Trim adds shine by replacing the OEM painted lower fairing corner trim with bright chrome trim. The sleek and narrow style makes for more comfort while riding.

If anyone know where I can find it would really appreciate it Thanks .

Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Re: Lower narrow corner fairing trim

Postby Uncle Fester » Thu May 08, 2014 4:07 am

This is what I was able to find, hope it helps.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product. ... 4091&str=0
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

beanner66

Postby beanner66 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:52 am

Thank you so much just placed my order fingers crossed they ship the right part .

beanner66

Postby beanner66 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:51 am

Just confirmed with direct line and they don't have this part .. Still searching .

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Thu May 08, 2014 9:59 am

beanner66 wrote:Just confirmed with direct line and they don't have this part .. Still searching .

Give Gary at Cyclemax a call. If it is still being made, he can get it for you.

MikeB
Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade.
2003 - GL1800A

Postby MikeB » Thu May 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Go to Direct Line parts and search for the 52-550. It looks like it is the lower corner molding and the upper corner molding in chrome combined for $84.95.
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=44082&mdl=&mdy=
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

Dusty Boots
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500Aspencade

Postby Dusty Boots » Thu May 08, 2014 7:10 pm

MikeB wrote:Go to Direct Line parts and search for the 52-550. It looks like it is the lower corner molding and the upper corner molding in chrome combined for $84.95.
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=44082&mdl=&mdy=

Those are not the ones he's after as they are exactly the same as the OEM units, only chromed.

I had bought a pair off of Gary at CycleMax a number of years ago and they do give your calves/shins quite a bit more room for getting your feet up on the highway boards/pegs.
Problem with the ones I had was that the right one was a bit ill fitting and one day it fell off onto the highway. Long story short ... although it was out in the middle of the lane, some A-hole ran over it before I could retrieve it!! :evil: Ended up putting the original ones back on. :oops:

Not sure if I have a shot of my bike with them installed or not, as I didn't have them all that long. :cry:
Found one ....

Like Scott said, give Gary a call and if they are still being made, he'll get them for ya!

Dusty

beanner66

Postby beanner66 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:51 pm

That's the main reason I'm looking for the Narrow corner trim I love taking long trips on my bike and legs always rubbing just wish that if Goldwing ever design another wing they let tall people stretch their legs before they finalize the build . I haven't upgraded to the 1800 cause it actually has less leg clearance guess I'll keep doing what I've been doing removing the corner trim and putting it back on when I get to where I'm going .

Dusty Boots
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500Aspencade

Postby Dusty Boots » Fri May 09, 2014 5:06 am

Yes, that' the reason I bought them as well. I am only 6', but I have a 34" inseam and like to stretch out. I found that not only did the fairing corner trim interfere, but also the 'flare out' on the rear of the engine guard ....

so I bought a set of the newer (98 and newer) engine guards off of Gary, which at the time were relatively inexpensive compared to the price of them today! :o :roll: I also sold my Highway boards and bought a set of Highway pegs which were highly adjustable and even with the OEM corner fairing trim still on, found that to be more comfortable. Perhaps not as comfortable as with the narrower fairing trim pieces on, but certainly better than before!!

When I bought my newer style engine guards back in Jan 09, I paid Gary $195 for the set. Not too long after, I noticed Gary wasn't carrying them anymore and when questioned about that, he said Honda had raised the prices through the roof and couldn't see much demand for them at the price they now wanted, which is now $298 per side!! :o :roll:

Not long ago, I read that Scott had been speaking to Gary about them and that Gary had suggested to Add On to start making them and although Add On has the newer style listed on their site (yes that's a photo of my bike they are using to promote them) with the advent of the owner of Add On retiring and what the state of the company is in, who knows if, or when they will go into production and become available to the public!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Fri May 09, 2014 10:53 am

Dusty Boots wrote:Not long ago, I read that Scott had been speaking to Gary about them and that Gary had suggested to Add On to start making them and although Add On has the newer style listed on their site (yes that's a photo of my bike they are using to promote them) with the advent of the owner of Add On retiring and what the state of the company is in, who knows if, or when they will go into production and become available to the public!

Gary sent them a couple of the new style engine guards for them to copy, and they produced some for him. He sold a few of them, and immediately had complaints that they did not fit. He had me come look to compare to mine, and sure enough, they had manufactured them incorrectly: one of the guard mounting points was angled such that it did not fit correctly with the frame mounting point. A couple users had installed them by shimming them or cranking them down so tight that they bent into place, but that's not really the right thing to do. Gary told Add-On about the problem, and they didn't seem at all interested in correcting the issue. Then Add-On went out of business.

So that's where it stands right now, and it's why you don't see them for sale on the Cyclemax web site. Whether or not the new owners of Add-On fix the issue and start manufacturing the corrected version, remains to be seen.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”