LCD Screen

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

LCD Screen

Postby Uncle Fester » Sun May 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Okay, the LCD screen on my 1996 GL1500 does not work, kind of. Allow me to explain, the stereo info does not show up. The clock works but not 100% correctly ( will explain later ), Suspension psi only works some times ( maybe I am using it wrong ?) . The light on the screen is two tone, split top to bottom .

Clock : keeps good time IF I ride daily, if the bike sits for 12 to 18ish hours or more, it resets back to 12:00 when I restart the bike.

PSI : if the bike is turned off, with the key on, psi gauge works, if bike running in neutral, psi gauge does not work, but compressor does.

Stereo : NO STEREO INFO EVER.

Light: split top to bottom about center, lighter on one side, slightly darker on the other, but completely lit up.

I can deal with out the stereo info for now, but the rest would be helpful, ideas ?

Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Re: LCD Screen

Postby dingdong » Mon May 26, 2014 6:59 am

Unclefester, since we spoke the other day I have found a thread on the Saunders site that addresses this problem. With your bike sitting out in the weather I suspect your problem is moisture getting to the circuit board.
Read this thread and click on the link to another thread describing possible fix. Good luck.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/2-g ... -dead.html
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue May 27, 2014 9:07 pm

After a LONG read, it sounds like that may be the problem. Now, do I fix it or go a differant direction, that is the new question .
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Wed May 28, 2014 6:47 am

Uncle Fester wrote:After a LONG read, it sounds like that may be the problem. Now, do I fix it or go a differant direction, that is the new question .

Choices! Choices! ;)

Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”