crusie actuator adjustment

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Basschaser
Motorcycle: 1995 GL 1500 SE Goldwing

crusie actuator adjustment

Postby Basschaser » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 am

Hey Guys need help. I had a coolant leak when fixing that I seen the actuator cable that goes to the carb throttle body. If I pushed it with my finger the way the actuator would pull. It moved a half inch or more before it came in contact with the throttle. How should this be adjusted. I would think just touching but not to move the throttle? Thanks! 95 GL1500SE

Dusty Boots
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500Aspencade

Re: crusie actuator adjustment

Postby Dusty Boots » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:24 am

Not quite sure what it is you are asking, but this is how you adjust it.

Basschaser

Postby Basschaser » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:51 am

Thanks for the reply Dusty. I see by the picture how to adjust the cable at the actuator, I was asking at the other end of the cable were it hooks to the carb is an adjustment also. I was thinking to maybe take the slack out of the cable. If I push the cam that the cable hooks to with my finger the cam turns about an half inch before it comes in contact with the throttle to hold it in place when you would set the curise. Is this better or you still not sure what I mean. I thank u again for trying to help me. this is my first Goldwing. I'm sure you guessed that already. I've only had it since April. Still trying to work all the bugs out.

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:19 am

I'm not sure about any adjustment there but did the cruise work correctly before? If so you probably don't have to adjust.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Basschaser

Postby Basschaser » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:42 pm

No It hasn't worked since I got it. Maybe what you are telling me to do with the picture you sent. when I checked it maybe by adjusting that might take up the slack at the other end. I would think. I had to take off a lot of plastic parts to find the coolant leak so I thought I would try and fix the cruise also. and Thanks! again.

Basschaser

Postby Basschaser » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Mr. Ding dong you were right there is no Adjustment there. I could see a lot better after I removed the left panel and cooling fan.. I used the diagram that Dusty sent me to adjust the cable. That took up all the slack in he cable. I had also found a vacuum line that was pinched. The little filter that you soak with oil changed that to. It just crumbled when I removed the cover. Got it all put back together yesterday. Took for a test ride and the cruise worked. Thanks for the help. One thing left to fix the CB sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. I mostly listen to the radio anyway. But its on there so I will get around to fixing it.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”