Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:58 pm
- Location: Kinmundy IL.
- Motorcycle: 1987 gl 1200 I
im doing a gl1500 i finial drive oil change and the bike has a trailer hitch will I be able to remove the drain plug without romoveing the muffler bolt that lets the muffler move out a little ? the trailer hitch bracket it right by it to close to get muffler bolt out
- Uncle Fester
- Posts: 1003
- Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 pm
- Location: Bethany, Ok, right off Route 66 !
- Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue
I do not know for 100%, but I under stand it can be done with only minor difficulty . . . .some one who knows better should be along soon.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17046
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
You should be able to do it without unbolting or moving the muffler. If you have difficulty, try it on the sidestand, center stand, try pumping the rear suspension up and down, to move the wheel up and down and get the required clearance.
- Posts: 846
- Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:14 pm
- Location: New Albany In
- Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77
I put mine on my H.F. lift and lift her up a little, this will let the rear drop down where I can get to it with out taking any thing off.
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests