Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:13 pm
- Location: Springfield, Ohio
- Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500SE Goldwing
Have been troubleshooting carb issues (or so I thought) took aircleaner off, was checking jets and sprayed air into intakes. Hesitation that I had been experiencing disappeared. Could it be an air flow problem? What it was doing is it would idle, and you could get 2000 to 5000 rpms but as soon as it went back to idle and you cracked on the throttle it dies. Ideas?
- Posts: 890
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:14 pm
- Location: Nevada City, CA. Rockledge, FL.
- Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500AC ASP
1999 Virago XV1100LC
1994 Time Out Camping Trailer
Possible plugged pilot jet passage. Cracking the throttle should activate the accelerator pump and provide enough fuel to start the engine to accelerate in RPM. Have you pulled a plug on each bank to see what they look like?