Belly Pan

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 Aspencade

Belly Pan

Postby Mikisiw » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:19 am

Does anyone know if the Anniversary Edition GL 1500 SE Aspencade came standard with a belly pan? Honda doesn't seem to know and I can't find anything in the Clymer manuals about it. What happened was I bought this bike used and had it overhauled by the dealer to be sure it was in top running order. I drove it for 800 miles and got a rattle that was getting worse. I tracked it down to the mechanic not tightening the acorn nuts for the belly pan. Now I only have 2 out of the original 6 and can't track down a replacement for them. Sure I can use regular hex nuts but the acorn ones protected the threads from collecting grit and road grime. I've coated the threads with anti seize, but can't seem to track down a replacement part. This bike even came original with a seat that isn't even listed in Honda's schematic and spec pics.
Thanks for any help in advance. This was a Canadian model apparently as only the green was released here. TTFN.

Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade.
2003 - GL1800A

Re: Belly Pan

Postby MikeB » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:18 pm

The belly pan was an after market device designed and sold by Tulsa Enterprises They also make them for the GL1800.

The acorn nuts you are looking for are OEM Honda parts. They are Honda Part Number 90308-MT8-000, NUT, CAP (6MM) and cost about $1.60 each. In reality, ANY 6 mm acorn nut will work. If it were me I would go to the local industrial hardware supplier and buy some Stainless Steel 6 mm acorn nuts and 6 mm washers and install them.

But, you can go to the Honda dealer with the above part number and order the nuts.

By the way, what kind of seat are you talking about? There was only one Honda OEM seat that I know of. Perhaps someone replaced the seat before you purchased it. I was a previously owned machine right?
Tacoma, WA, USA

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”