Rear speaker harness wires

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Kerry n Cali
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500 Aspencade

Rear speaker harness wires

Postby Kerry n Cali » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:16 pm

Hey friends, my son and I have totally restored a 94 Aspendcade. We've had so much fun the past two months. We've replaced the front speakers with some Kenwoods and bought the same for the rear. We also bought baffles for all four ( thanx for the heads up from this forum). In fact, the info from this site has been great.

With that said, the bike didn't originally come with rear speakers. So, I bought the "show Chrome" wire harness / fadder from cyclemax ( no instructions, but how hard could it be). Well, not being much of a wire guy and with the three factory "connectors)... It wouldn't work.

There's a two, four and six prong connectors. The speaker wire from the harness is a four prong, so I hooked that right up like a pro, but the fader connectors didn't have the ends to match.

1) I read a that the fader hooks up under the left front box. I looked there and couldn't find any connection that fit.

2) what are the other two factory connectors for?...

3) before you ask , the part number for the harness is 2-294W. It's for 1500 that didn't with rear speakers.

4) I just have the workshop manual... No help

We would appreciate any guidance from the sages here

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: Rear speaker harness wires

Postby Mag » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:44 am

Kerry, on my 88, the plug on the bike is not under the left pocket, there is another discussion on this board (a really long one) regarding everyone trying to find it. I found mine under the false tank plastic.....left side. It is a little hidden, and mine was black. It was a pain to find, and I did a lot of "surfing" to see what everyone else did.

So....take off the false tank tupperwear, look on left side, see what you find.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”