Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 507
- Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 pm
- Location: West Chicago, IL
- Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade
At the beginning of the season i got a 1500. I am finding that the foot brake is extremely awkward for me to get at. For one thing, the crash bar is much longer than my 1200 and keeps getting in the way of my foot. Also, the placement of the pedal, fyrtherr back than my 1200, is very hard for my long leg to get to. My knee just doesn't bend that much anymore. So, my question is: is there any way to adjust or modify the location/position of the brake pedal ? I have learned to adapt to the shifter, but the brake is still giving me fits.
- Uncle Fester
- Posts: 1024
- Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 pm
- Location: Bethany, Ok, right off Route 66 !
- Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue
I have not used them my self on a GL1500, but on my old CB750, I changed to a heel-toe with running boards set up, and that helped a lot. i would THINK that would apply to the GL1500 too. . . I guess I am lucky, the GL1500 has been a perfect fit just as it came from the factory (shifter/brake wise) for me so far.