Ring Of Fire help needed

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Ring Of Fire help needed

Postby Uncle Fester » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Okay, I asked about this in someones thread on here before, but can not find it, so here goes. . . .

I need to replace my Ring Of Fire LEDs, as mine burned out / stopped working. I can find
Amber out / red blue in and Amber / Amber, but I want (my bike has), Amber out and Blue in.

HELP ! lol

Oh, this is for a 96 1500A

Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

Fiberthree
Motorcycle: Black 1999 GL1500SE

Re: Ring Of Fire help needed

Postby Fiberthree » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 pm

You might have one LED that is open which will knock out the entire circuit. Is it out on both sides or just one? I could only find Blue/Green, Blue/Red, or Amber for the inside lights. Did you but this new or get it used?
Ed

WARNING: All posts are subject to influence from an uncontrollable dominant sarcastic gene. Offensive remarks may or may not be intentional.

Uncle Fester

Postby Uncle Fester » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Mine is Amber/Blue and was on the bike when I bought her. . . .is out on both sides.

I looked at it two days ago, and bottom 4 inches or so was out, now whole thing is out. I am going to pull it apart once we get a day over 50*s , just to make sure it is not a wiring issue.
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:39 am

Uncle Fester wrote:Mine is Amber/Blue and was on the bike when I bought her. . . .is out on both sides.

I looked at it two days ago, and bottom 4 inches or so was out, now whole thing is out. I am going to pull it apart once we get a day over 50*s , just to make sure it is not a wiring issue.

I had quite a few blocks of LEDs out on mine when I got it. I called Gary over at Cyclemax, and he was able to get replacement strips from Kuryakin that snapped right in place of the old ones. They had amber/amber and blue/red/amber ones, I put the blue/red/amber ones on.

Uncle Fester

Postby Uncle Fester » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:44 am

Thanks WA, I will give Gary a call in a few mins. I was really hoping to find a Amber / Blue , but it seams like they are no longer available, maybe Gary can help. . . . if not Amber / Amber it will be.

Uncle Fester

Postby Uncle Fester » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:17 pm

After a call to Gary, and some research by him, we determined my Ring Of Fire is a Kuryakyn piece, and they no longer offer replacement LED strips for their Ring Of Fire. . . . so now to decide, do I get rid of the Ring Of Fire or replace it with a different brand ?

According to Gary,he believes each brand of Ring Of Fire has different spacing on the holes that allow the LEDs to shine through, does anybody know for sure ? :?:

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”