super thin washer

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
morrisILLwheels
Motorcycle: 2000 gl 1500a aspencade

super thin washer

Postby morrisILLwheels » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:02 pm

I recently attempted to take the rear tire off, there was a super thin washer on the final drive unit and I wonder what it is called and I am sure when I attempt again, It will be higher off the ground as to have room to actually remove the tire. Anyway, how, using the electronic manual will I find this large washer looking thin washer thing between the tire and final drive?? Also, I didn't take the tire off because I dont have and dont know where to get any molly 60 grease. Any help would be appreciated.. Thx.. I check my get2knowme@writeme.com most frequently.. Have a great ride..

Also on that note, I am going from Chicago to Ct mid July if anyone would like to team up for the ride.. Let me know..

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: super thin washer

Postby WingAdmin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Not quite sure what you're referring to - do you mean between the final drive and the wheel hub?

The moly 60 goes on the splines of the final drive to the wheel, not on the tire.

Moly 60 can be found at any Honda dealer, as well as online at several online Honda parts sites.

morrisILLwheels
Motorcycle: 2000 gl 1500a aspencade

Re: super thin washer

Postby morrisILLwheels » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:11 pm

Yes, between the final drive and wheel hub.. I wanted to take the wheel off to remove and replace the rotor.. I get the tire out of the way enough to get the job done but saw that thin washer and wanted to know more about it and the hub before reinstalling everything.. Oh well, I have the manual but didnt see anything about it.. I thought the electronic manual might have something.. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my message.. Harry

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”