Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
- Sponsored Links
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:57 am
- Location: Auckland, New Zealand
- Motorcycle: 2000 Goldwing 1500 GL SE
Hi all, still just getting to know my recently acquired 2000 1500 se. I see that there are twin lamps in the headlights but only one works when my lights are NOT on full beam. Both work fine when on full beam. Do i have a problem with one lamp ?
- Posts: 399
- Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:39 am
- Location: San Jacinto, Calif
- Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE
Easy job to replace it, replace both of them and your signal lights while you have it apart.
IF YOUR BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOUR BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
- Posts: 509
- Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:27 pm
- Location: Tampa, Fl
- Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing GL 1500 SE
Had the same problem on mine shortly after getting it. Replace both bulbs as suggested. 10K miles later, no problems. You may want to put some dielectric grease in there for anti-corrosion on reassembly. The least bit of corrosion or poor contact can cause overheating issues at the socket.
- Uncle Fester
- Posts: 987
- Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 pm
- Location: Bethany, Ok, right off Route 66 !
- Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 1 guest