Stereo question

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Stereo question

Postby Uncle Fester » Sat May 16, 2015 10:48 am

I have searched with no luck, unless I missed it, so here goes. . . .

Does anyone make a bluetooth TRANSMITTER I can hook up to the factory stereo and listen to via a SENA, or other brand, setup in my full face helmet ?

I want to be able to listen to my stereo, and music from my smart phones SD Card, as well as receive and make calls.

I know I am asking a lot, but can it be done ?

P.S.
Yes I found a helmet that fits my big head, and am TRYING to get used to wearing it. . . . SO HUSH ! Lol

Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

Uncle Fester

Re: Stereo question

Postby Uncle Fester » Sat May 16, 2015 10:52 am

Actually I would LOVE to hook my factory stereo, CB, Intercom AND cell phone all together via bluetooth.

How hard would THAT be to do ?
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

NVSB4
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE
1992 GL1500I (sold)
1986 GL1200A (sold)
2002 HD FXDL Low Rider (sold)
1993 Yamaha Virago XV1000 (sold)
Too many others to list

Postby NVSB4 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Someone had asked about connecting their phone and Wing Admin suggested this site.

http://www.cellset.com/motorcycleitems.html
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Red=All bikes Blue=Wings

Chris

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Sun May 17, 2015 8:04 am

LOL. Helmet? How will I recognize you when you ride by now? Seriously that is a good thing.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

bcarnold
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500A Aspencade

Postby bcarnold » Mon May 18, 2015 1:24 am

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to use the existing Goldwing stereo as well as MP3/Pandora from your cell phone and also the ability to answer your cell phone.

I had the same concerns wants as well when I bought my U-Clear headset. I bought a Bluetooth transmitter on Amazon for about $15-20.00 and made an adapter to use the existing 5 pin Goldwing plug to the smaller plug that was on the transmitter and unfortunately you won't be able to use the CB radio.

As for the MP3/Pandora on your cell phone you should be able to Bluetooth that into your headset

dlfierce
Motorcycle: 1989 GL1500

Postby dlfierce » Mon May 18, 2015 11:44 am

Sena makes its own Bluetooth transmitter which should link up very easily with a Sena headset. They also sell a cable to run from your existing bike radio to the transmitter as well as having an additional spot to plug in a GPS or MP3 player. I am using a U-Clear headset with the Sena Transmitter ( I believe it is an SM10 model) which pairs very nicely with it, and have a Garmin GPS connected through it as well. Sound from radio reduces automatically when transmitting from GPS. As previous poster stated you will not be able to use CB radio with this set-up. The Sena transmitter has a rechargeable battery, and a charging cable with a power outlet option so I have put a power supply into the left hand pocket and plugged in a cheap add on that will accommodate two power plugs as well as two usb devices. The bike does its job and keeps the Transmitter and GPS charged up at all times.

Uncle Fester

Postby Uncle Fester » Mon May 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks for the info everyone, I will start looking into those parts tonight !

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”