Dash light

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
tvanvran
Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Goldwing

Dash light

Postby tvanvran » Fri May 29, 2015 7:01 am

This just started happening. 1994 Goldwing Aspencade trike! While I am riding my dash lights will come on, in particular the cruise control lights and the oil light on the far right. Then they go out. I have also had the Neutral light and OD light on the left not come on once I start up and then they will come on after awhile.

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't started looking yet so anything is on the table.

Thanks for your help

CMReynolds1
Motorcycle: 2013 F6B

Re: Dash light

Postby CMReynolds1 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:22 am

Can't swear to it but my first thought is a bad ground. Corroded or loose. Vibration causing the change in status of the lights. Again, not being able to troubleshoot it on site I am guessing at what I think is the first and most obvious issue. Good Luck.
Attachments
Ride Safe,
Taz

TF 116, RivRon 512, Can Tho, S. Vietnam, 8/66-/9/68, GM(G)2

Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Re: Dash light

Postby Uncle Fester » Sat May 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Mine does this also, about 5 miles or so after starting off in the AM, and was told it is normal, comp cycling or something like that. . .

Sorry I can not give a better , more precise answer, but is normal.
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”