Adding a CB Radio to an Aspy - Help?

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
1WingNutt
Motorcycle: '96 Aspencade

Adding a CB Radio to an Aspy - Help?

Postby 1WingNutt » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:57 pm

I'm adding a factory Honda/Clarion CB to my '96 Aspy which didn't come w/one. Bought the CB, hand controls, antenna, & short harness on Ebay from separate sellers. With great effort, I have most of it hooked up. Only problem is, the hand controller unit seems to have (2) extra connectors in the harness with nowhere to go! One is a black 6-pin f/m connector, the other is a black 2-pin male connector. I've searched everywhere, and it just seems there's nowhere for them to plug into. All the other connectors seemed to hook up just fine where I pulled the old connectors out from the old controller. With it all hooked up electrically, the CB will turn on to channel 1, but the controller can not change it to any other channel. I think the 6 or 2-pin connectors probably have something to do with this, but I'm totally stumped! The factory manual does not seem help on this issue.

Also, I'm adding rear speakers to the bike as well. I've found the 4-pin connector over the rear wheel under the seat, and the other end of it also being a 4-pin connector behind the left front fairing. Problem here is where's the feed line that attaches to that second connector up front? It would seem to me it should come from the "fader" control in the replacement left-hand controller. But the left over 2 or 6-pin connectors (from the above issue) won't connect to a 4-pin. Am I missing something here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dazed & Confused :o

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”