Traxxion Fork Upgrade for GL1500 - Yes they can!

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade with 2015 CSC Sport Trike Conversion

Traxxion Fork Upgrade for GL1500 - Yes they can!

Postby w9r1x4 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:48 pm

I've seen other posts which said Traxxion doesn't make the suspension upgrade for GL1500s. Actually I emailed them a while back and they said no they didn't, then I called them recently and they said they did. I'm not sure why, but Traxxion doesn't advertise the 1500 kit (probably because they figured nobody in their right mind would spend that much money on a old 1500----wrong), but it can be done and man does it make a difference. How do I know??? This last Friday I got my 1992 gl1500 back from Tampa Trike. They used the same Traxxion inserts as the 1800. Only difference is the damping is preset (not adjustable). They also did new fork tubes since mine were scarred, new stearing head bearings done with all balls, and lowered the front end about a 1/2 ".. The bike feels lighter and completely different like the front end and rear end are one piece....on rails. The high speed wobble which kicks in around 85 is gone, but I have Shinko tires, which are slightly cupped, and balanced with balancing beads which if I remember correctly aren't really supposed to be used for balancing tires when running over 85. They still shake a bit. I already had the Progressive air shocks on the rear. BTW....I also had previously replaced the front fork springs with Progressives....Couldn't tell much difference.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”