Information needed about pull behind trailer

Information, ideas, experiences and help with camping, pulling a trailer and roughing it on your Goldwing
  • Sponsored Links
punch7
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE

Information needed about pull behind trailer

Postby punch7 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:21 am

Does anyone have hands on experience with a 'Built Rite' Sarasota brand trailer called the SPLASH model? I would like opinions as to the quality of these trailers, please.

Thanks!

bstig60
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500AC ASP
1999 Virago XV1100LC
1994 Time Out Camping Trailer

Re: Information needed about pull behind trailer

Postby bstig60 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:27 pm

The company has stopped production. There are a number of alternatives, Champion being one. Here's another: http://minitrailerusa.com/
Bill

punch7

Postby punch7 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks, and I appreciate your response. I'm aware of the manufacturers situation. But, since I have the opportunity to purchase a used Splash model, I was wanting info on the quality of the unit before I made the buy. Anyone have hands on experience with this trailer?

pbourgoin
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 SE

Postby pbourgoin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:06 am

I don't have first hand exp with that model. I have a escapade trailer and one of the guys I ride with has one built by Sarasota. I also looked at a few different ones years ago. The trailer works well for him and we have done a lot of miles together. Their trailers range in quality from a fiberglass body like my escapade to the lower models that look like many have done here with a car-top carrier with fancy fenders added and then way over priced. They do what they were built to do just to me would depend on the condition and price and if it is going to suit your needs. If the price was right I would not hesitate to buy one. As far as the company not producing it anymore most parts are universal and available at auto stores or trailer suppliers.
I got this Goldwing for my wife........ Good trade huh??? :D

punch7

Postby punch7 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks. pbourgoin. IMHO, the Escapade by California Sidecar is the one of the "top of the line MC trailers". I've had three of them over the years but I'm looking for a less expensive used trailer these days and the Escapade holds its value so well that even a used one is priced above my budget.

I've read up on the Built Rite trailers but I've yet to find an owners review on one even though there must be some online somewhere. From the pics I've received, the unit appears to be well made but I have to travel quite a distance just to look at it in person. Before I do that, I want as much info as possible.

Return to “Camping and Trailers”