Seats

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Blackngold
Motorcycle: 1998 GL1500 SE

Seats

Postby Blackngold » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:00 pm

Any chance an 1800 GW seat will fit 1500GW? X Found nice cheap one on c-list. THX

joeincalif
Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE

Re: Seats

Postby joeincalif » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:37 pm

NO, but there lots of good used 1500 seats on e-bay real cheap
IF YOUR BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOUR BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE

Joe in SD
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500SE 2007 Shadow Spirit 750

Postby Joe in SD » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:40 pm

What color are you looking for? I have a brown one that came off of a 1990 GL1500 se. Ride safe, Joe

Blackngold

Postby Blackngold » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:26 am

Grey. thx anyway.....

Wingsconsin
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800 - Pearl Orange
1996 GL1500 Aspencade - Pearl Blue
1992 GL1500 Aspencade -Candy Red
1983 Suzuki GS850GL - Blue & Black

Postby Wingsconsin » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Don't waste your time and money on another worn out stock seat.
Unless you plan on ridding yourself of the bike soon -- If you are going to keep it then invest in a quality custom seat and really enjoy the ride. I have had 3 different Diamond Seats (2-1500s and 1-1800) and loved them all. We had a Diamond on the 1100 also.
After 1000 miles of break in the seats were ready to go for many miles without ever a sore bum.
Don't chase Unicorns - spend the money and have one made for you.

Postings are my opinions based on experience and acquired knowledge.
Your results may vary. Universal disclaimers apply.

Motorcycle Adventure Storys writen by me
http://neverlost-justexploring.blogspot.com/

Fatwing Chris
Motorcycle: 2004 ABS Model Goldwing

Postby Fatwing Chris » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:55 am

Wingsconsin wrote:Don't waste your time and money on another worn out stock seat.
Unless you plan on ridding yourself of the bike soon -- If you are going to keep it then invest in a quality custom seat and really enjoy the ride. I have had 3 different Diamond Seats (2-1500s and 1-1800) and loved them all. We had a Diamond on the 1100 also.
After 1000 miles of break in the seats were ready to go for many miles without ever a sore bum.

Totally agree!If you plan on keeping the bike it's the best money you can spend on it.Had a Hartco on my 1500 that the wife and I both loved.Got it off e-bay new and had it at my door in Canada for around $420.Came with the drivers backrest/pouch and the pass backrest cover.That was about 8 years ago.Was still like new when I sold the bike 3 or 4 years ago.
If I'da known it would last this long,I'da taken better care of it.
Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

Blackngold

Postby Blackngold » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:25 am

Fatwing Chris wrote:
Wingsconsin wrote:Don't waste your time and money on another worn out stock seat.

Totally agree!If you plan on keeping the bike it's the best money you can spend on it.Had a Hartco on my 1500 that the wife and I both loved.Got it off e-bay new and had it at my door in Canada for around $420.Came with the drivers backrest/pouch and the pass backrest cover.That was about 8 years ago.Was still like new when I sold the bike 3 or 4 years ago.

I'm sure custom seats are better rides than OEM's. Never had a prob. with ride from old OEM, guess it was just my bum fit it OK. $250.00 OEM vs $600.+ custom. I'm OK w/it. I can always cut in a jell pac into the foam if needed. I'm a cheep B**tard ! And who knows I may sell MC.

Fatwing Chris

Postby Fatwing Chris » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:23 am

Blackngold wrote:
Fatwing Chris wrote:

I'm sure custom seats are better rides than OEM's. Never had a prob. with ride from old OEM, guess it was just my bum fit it OK. $250.00 OEM vs $600.+ custom. I'm OK w/it. I can always cut in a jell pac into the foam if needed. I'm a cheep B**tard ! And who knows I may sell MC.

There's been a Diamond seat for sale on one of the Wing forums for $350 for quite a while now.Keeps getting bumped up,but next to no replies.Last I saw he was open to offers.I'll bet it could be had for $250 and would be 10 times better than stock.As far as I know Diamond and Hartco are the same company now and the Hartco I had on my 1500 was awesome.
Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

Wingsconsin
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800 - Pearl Orange
1996 GL1500 Aspencade - Pearl Blue
1992 GL1500 Aspencade -Candy Red
1983 Suzuki GS850GL - Blue & Black

Postby Wingsconsin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:43 am

Fatwing Chris wrote:

I'm sure custom seats are better rides than OEM's. Never had a prob. with ride from old OEM, guess it was just my bum fit it OK. $250.00 OEM vs $600.+ custom. I'm OK w/it. I can always cut in a jell pac into the foam if needed. I'm a cheep B**tard ! And who knows I may sell MC.[/quote]

There's been a Diamond seat for sale on one of the Wing forums for $350 for quite a while now.Keeps getting bumped up,but next to no replies.Last I saw he was open to offers.I'll bet it could be had for $250 and would be 10 times better than stock.As far as I know Diamond and Hartco are the same company now and the Hartco I had on my 1500 was awesome.[/quote]

Hartco and Diamond are the same company - Call Mark and they will be glad to work with you - even on a used seat.
On my 1500 I had them recondition my seat twice over 100,000 miles - each time they put on a new top, refreshed the foam as needed and made a few comfort adjustments as well - That service only cost about $300-$350 to do. The reason I had it done was I used the Velour coverings to dissapate sweat and heat ; but the sun was very hard on that product (dark blue) so it faded out and got thin at the edges where my legs hung down. Buy the gently used one ; ride it for a while ; then send it in for a refurbish to fit you best.
;)
Postings are my opinions based on experience and acquired knowledge.
Your results may vary. Universal disclaimers apply.

Motorcycle Adventure Storys writen by me
http://neverlost-justexploring.blogspot.com/

DarthJ
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500A Aspencade

Postby DarthJ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:50 pm

Honestly, I love the stock seat on my Wing. I can go all day with no issues and my favorite backseater loves it too. And we all know, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy.
If my gal ain't happy, I ain't happy. Thank God she loves bikes.

Fatwing Chris

Postby Fatwing Chris » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:40 pm

DarthJ wrote:Honestly, I love the stock seat on my Wing. I can go all day with no issues and my favorite backseater loves it too. And we all know, if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy.

I actually thought that the stock seats were pretty good too until I spent the day on an aftermarket seat.

Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”