Cornering Lights won't work

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
roadhawg
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500A Aspencade

Cornering Lights won't work

Postby roadhawg » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Neither of the cornering lights on my '93 GoldWing will not come on when I activate the turn signal. I have checked all connections, the sockets, and fuses. I have even checked to see if there is current (when the turn signals are activated), at the plug and socket, and there is not. There is nothing else I am aware of that is not working. I am limited in my knowledge of automotive wiring so I would really appreciate any help you can give.

Charlie1Horse
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade 4Sale soon
1992 GL1500I Interstate

Re: Cornering Lights won't work

Postby Charlie1Horse » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:40 pm

On each side of the frame by the radiators are relays that control the cornering lights, one on each side. They are not like the other relays in the relay box but have four wires that extend out of the relay about two inches and the plug on the end of the wires. My 92 Interstate had one of these bad besides one of the light sockets being bad. I repaired the socket and replaced one relay and now they work fine.
Russell

Those who say it cannot e done should try not to interrupt those who are doing it.

roadhawg
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500A Aspencade

Re: Cornering Lights won't work

Postby roadhawg » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Charlie, I thought those must have been relays, even tried to test one, but the wiring schematic in my manual showed different colored wires, so I was unsure. Thanks for the information I will go forward with that.

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”