Where's the radio fuse on an 88 GL1500?

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
martinarial
Motorcycle: 1984 Goldwing Interstate
1988 Goldwing
2000 Valkyrie Interstate
2001 ST1100

Where's the radio fuse on an 88 GL1500?

Postby martinarial » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:30 pm

Hey fellow Wingers :)
Well I just spent 3 hours installing a 300w amp/eq in my trunk, which I use to feed 6 speakers (incl. 2 subwoofers)...had a 200w amp/eq before but found it clipped sometimes at high volume (in strong wind situations)...anyways, I mainly use the syswtem for my Sirius satellite radio which is plugged into the GL1500 radio via a cassette adaptor...works like a charm! However, after upgradin the power amp to the 300w unit, I )naturally) tested everything before melting the heat-melts on all my wires...everything was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! So I go ahead and melt the heat-melts with a small BIC lighter (nearly melted my thumb after a while! :? ), put away all wire neatly in my trunk, put my trunk carpet back, put away all my tools, and turned on the system again just to try and blast the heck out of it...didn't get that far though, as the radio wouldn't come ON :shock: :? :evil: The onlt thing I can think of is that the heat-melt exercise may have (perhaps, maybe, doubtful, I can't believe this bad luck!) conducted too much heat to the radio through the speaker wires (with a small BIC???)...doubtful as I said, because the output to the speakers come from the amp, and that amp still works because I can hear the usual 'bop' in the speakers when I turn the radio on.

So the only thing I can imagine, I blew the radio fuse? But, where is it guys? It's not in the fuse box on the left side, my user's manual doesn't mention it, and I couldn't find it anywhere on the 'net (and there is no internal 'pico-fuse' in the RM1500A radio)

Pleazzzze help me out guys, as I'm leaving for a 4,000 mile trip on Friday morning, and I got no sound!!!! I'm gonna go stir crazy!!! lollll

martin46.1
Motorcycle: 1996 gl1500se

Re: Where's the radio fuse on an 88 GL1500?

Postby martin46.1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:52 pm

the 88 has 2 fuses that control radio...#4, 10 amp supplies power and memory..#10, 10 amp, supplies ignition input..hope this helps

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”