Show chrome passenger floor board risers

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1994 GL 1500 aspencade with sidecar

Show chrome passenger floor board risers

Postby Subhunter76 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Ok so my daughter is a little to short to reach the floor boards when on the seat, which in this state is a requirement. So I ordered a set of show chrome risers, not to bad to install, had to mod a little cause I run a sidecar and the mount bolts to the floor boards. Nothing a trip to Home Depot could cure. Took me about 30 total work time not counting fiddle time to work it out. They fit well, the finish look is alright, I wish they included some sort of chrome plastic insert for behind it where you can see some old mounting holes. Now if your passenger is a heavyset person I am not sure these will hold up in the long run stepping on and off with full body weight, they move out slightly when I do it and I'm 205. Overall they will defiantly serve the purpose I needed. Kind pircey for what they are though. And the one really annoying proble is you have to take them off to remove the battery or fuse box covers.

Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500A
2005 VTX1300C

Re: Show chrome passenger floor board risers

Postby bntyhntr6975 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:10 pm

As an added bonus, they look like they should help a person from LOSING 1 of those (expensive!) side covers.

Motorcycle: 1997 Gold Wing SE

Postby joeincalif » Sat May 21, 2016 9:16 am

The higher up you put the floor boards on the bracket the more give they will have. As you daughter grows you can move them down and not have so much flex.
My wife is short and when she rode I had a set of "Star Steps" on my 92 wing and the worked great. They mounted to the seat bolt and the crash bars. They are in this picture

Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby OldZX11Rider » Sun May 22, 2016 2:51 pm

They do look good, even if they are a bit pricey. :D

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”