Need Cassette adapter for mp3/Ipod review

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
flw
Motorcycle: 1998 GL1500 SE

Need Cassette adapter for mp3/Ipod review

Postby flw » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:27 pm

I'm looking for a Cassette Adapter for my '98 1500 SE. As I've read so far some of them are very dependant on the sterio they are used in.

So what better people to ask.

If you use a cassette adapter, what make and model do you reccomend for music quality playback? FYI, I have a '98 1500 SE

I don't know the make of the sterio in my 98 se but it is stock.

Thank you. Dan

bhazlet
Motorcycle: 2000 GL 1500 SE

Re: Need Cassette adapter for mp3/Ipod review

Postby bhazlet » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:50 am

What you going to hook up? I have purchased a Griffin FM modulater from Amason and It plugs in to my Sansa MP3 player. The sould is good and the volume control on the bike work great. It came with a cigarette plug which I cut and wired to the bike. This keeps the MP3 player charged all the time. Someone had photos of the unit posted on this site and I decided to by it for $7.99
Works great for me and I think you will like it. Cassette adapter is hard on the head of the player.
Good luck. If I find the photos again I will contact you.

bhazlet
Motorcycle: 2000 GL 1500 SE

Postby bhazlet » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:53 am

At the top of this page in the right hand corner type in Griffin and search. You will find links to the adapter.

BikerGuy
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing

Postby BikerGuy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:41 am

I bought a cassette adapter at a dollar store for about 5 bucks.

The problem with cassette adapters, no matter where you buy them, is that because the cassette player is auto reverse, it keeps changing directions and then the mp3 player can't get through to the radio. There is a way to overcome this.

If you open up the cassette adapter, you'll see a gear wheel by the head of the adapter where you would normally find a tape if it were a cassette tape. Remove that wheel. Put it back together and you will never have that problem again.

I have bought adapters from WalMart, KMart, Radio Shack and they all do the same thing... they all screw up and that's why. You have to remove the gear wheel... I'm very happy with the cheap one from the dollar store. It plays clearly... I got it at Dollar General.

gogs11uk
Motorcycle: GL1800
CBR600

Postby gogs11uk » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:17 pm

I thought about the cassette adaptor but went with the wired in Fm modulator. Plugged in the mp3 player and a great sound. Well worth it m8. I got a second hand modulator of ebay for about £6 = $10 or so.

BikerGuy
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing

Postby BikerGuy » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 pm

FM stations are so crowded here in the US, that using an FM modulator doesn't pay. I had one and took it back because it was difficult to find a clear channel and when I was able to find one, I had to find another one within 15 minutes or so because it got overlapped with a radio station...

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”