Air ride system

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
sunprowl@1
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Air ride system

Postby sunprowl@1 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:05 pm

My 1988 Goldwing has a 1 second air loss per lb. of psi I have torn half of this thing apart trying to figure it out, can pump up to 40 lbs. as I hold the check button can watch it drop on the digi dash reading

We are in the process of moving every thing I didn't figure I would need is in a box, but which one? I have no idea how to remove the air shock or lines.

Would someone with more savey show me the way to look at the online manual here tried to download found out I already have but not able to find it. Also if anyone has good used shock and line you would like to sell let me know.

Thanks

Curtis aka sunprowl@1

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Air ride system

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Have you used soapy water to check for leaks?

sunprowl@1 wrote:My 1988 Goldwing has a 1 second air loss per lb. of psi I have torn half of this thing apart trying to figure it out, can pump up to 40 lbs. as I hold the check button can watch it drop on the digi dash reading

We are in the process of moving every thing I didn't figure I would need is in a box, but which one? I have no idea how to remove the air shock or lines.

Would someone with more savey show me the way to look at the online manual here tried to download found out I already have but not able to find it. Also if anyone has good used shock and line you would like to sell let me know.

Thanks

Curtis aka sunprowl@1

sunprowl@1
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Re: Air ride system

Postby sunprowl@1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Wingman thank you
yes I have a done as much as I can see to follow the and lines the compressor. As you already know
is really hard get to the shock it I am sure either I will need instructions on how to remove right bag.

When I first signed in on your site I downloaded the manual Then a couple days later the one I bought on E-bay arrived.
still can't find either one.

I will get the bag off I have almost 60 years of working for dealerships.

Thanks I really like your site and all the help you all provide
Sunprowl

Return to “GL1500 Information & Questions”